Zune Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 06:12:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zune Randomly Shutting Down/Resetting.  (Read 89602 times)
ideazinfinite
Gadget Geek

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2006, 08:02:40 PM »

but mine keeps on resetting itslelf atleast once a day Sad
Anime
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2006, 08:03:35 PM »

Take it back to where you bought it and get an exchange
ideazinfinite
Gadget Geek

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2006, 08:04:58 PM »

i cant since i live in india.. it was gifted to me by someone....Sad
carsluTT
Tech Spec

« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2007, 11:31:06 PM »

wow, after reading all this im realy torn between if i should retrun my zune as its been a pain to get it working properly and now it dosnt like the way any of music is set up. or ....... get the exteneed woranty from best buy (wher ei got mine from and they offer an "after the fact" chance to buy an extended woarnty)...... or what i should do. mine had rebooted a few tiems on me.. i thaguht it was me doing somehting wrong btu now i know its not me its the zune having a brain issue......

i went to public schools..... so yeah..... i cant spell so well and that ceheck bouttion dosnt like me!...... is it hump day yet? any how here's a sig w/ my car in it....   the zune is too new for its own sig...

<
StigmataDiaboli

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2007, 03:50:21 AM »

mine locks up constantly using the standard headphones or when i have it hooked up in my car with a cassette adapter.  its to the point now ive given up on it and im just waiting and hoping this gets fixed somehow.
zune dev
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2007, 12:43:13 PM »

Could anyone who sees the random reset problem on a regular basis and/or feels they have a handle on what kind of situations it happens in please message me? I would be very interested to talk to you about this problem.
velvet elvis
Uber Nerd

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2007, 04:42:52 PM »

im on my second zune.  and its doing it also.  i really dont want to go thru this again.  and i dont want an ipod.  might return it and get a sirius stilleto. i have a subscription and wouldnt mind taking it with me.   im just really sick of this happening.  mine did it last when i was listening to a 2hour podcast and since ms couldnt be bothered to add audio bookmarking i had to find where i was...

Nikkirose

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2007, 03:08:53 PM »

I mostly use my Zune at work. I work in the backroom of a departments store (so lots of ladder climbing and movement through out my work day).  I keep it either in my left front or back pocket. It will work for about an hour or so then shut off. It happened 4-5 times just in 1 day's work.  I don't expect perfection out of Microsoft, but c'mon this is awful!  You would think after even more then a handful of complaints they would acknowledge the problem, and go about fixing it!  I have been tempted to exchange it for a new one, but after reading from those who have done this and still had the same problem, I dont see a reason for me to waste my time.

MICROSOFT.. FIX THIS!
Chaos
Tech Spec

« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2007, 05:41:44 PM »

Yes, as i saw some other people state, i think it is static electricity as well. because ive had mine since the end of november and i just started having this problem. also i think it is the weather (that is if its winter where you are and its freezing cold) because i will feel the wiring of the headphones lock up and get stiff and then the headphones make a weird popping sound which either means the music is gonna start skipping or it will lock up because sometimes i guess it short circuits too. i feel rediculous about it but i ordered soem creative wireless bluetooth headphones. it is the creative se2300 if anyones interested. I hope it wil fix most of the problem. but today my zune started locking up and stalling alot. dont know what thats all about.
ideazinfinite
Gadget Geek

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2007, 03:10:18 AM »

so that means this should not be expected in summers?
Marc

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2007, 07:21:52 PM »

I am having the same problem everyone else is having.  It just shuts off on it's own. Huh?
APerfectTool
Uber Nerd

Na na... nani freakin' boo boo!

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2007, 09:46:22 AM »

It happened to me twice today at work.  During work I touched some metal and I got a crazy powerful shock and my Zune shut off.  I don't think I had a thought for about 1 minute besides... Noooooooooooooooo! Then the Zune logo came up and I sighed a sigh-o-relief.

Elfman

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2007, 02:57:17 PM »

Not only have I experienced this, I can replicate it. I use my Zune while walking on the treadmill in the morning. It would reboot several times during my 30 minute walk. I tried moving the Zune to a nearby shelf thinking it was the vibration causing it. Nope.

One morning, I walked with my hand on the metal chassis of the treadmill and no shutdowns.  Next morning I didn't hold the rail, the Xune rebooted 3 times.

Static electricity is the only thing I can think of.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 03:00:02 PM by Elfman » Logged
Sweetchick05450

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2007, 11:44:23 PM »

It's definately the static electricity. I read about it on another zune website. I am having the restarting problem and also the zune says that it must clear all content to fix and error!!!! Its done this 2 times! and it restarts like every 30-40 minutes! HHHEEELLPPP
Legion
Gadget Geek

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2007, 12:27:43 AM »

Im getting the zune next weekend in like 6or5 days and im really impatient...but i have some questions i need answered.
Does anybody know what oarangeline is?? and if u do can you send oarangeline videos to your Zune?

I don't know what Orangeline is, but I assume since you know that they have videos that you DO know what it is, which makes me wonder why you're asking.

What does the regular zune packaging come with??

Manuals, earbuds, slip-cover, USB-to-Zune adapter, Zune software CD. Oh, yeah -- and a Zune.

Is it worth buying?

Yes.

What is the differece between all the diffferent colors?

Well... the difference between all the different colors is that the colors are different. O_o

Is there any problems with the ZUne?

It doesn't make dumb people smarter. Fortunately, it doesn't make smart people dumber, either.

Where can i buy it if you live in Atlanta?

The same places you could buy it if I don't live in Atlanta, presumably.

Anything i need to know pelase reply PLEASE!!!

Yes -- some of your questions made me LOL.

"Okay, everybody here who believe in telekinesis... raise my hand."
GI_Josh
Uber Nerd

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2007, 01:38:20 PM »

Ok gang, heres my two sense on the shutting off issue.  It has happened several times to me, and based on my situations I think that it is indeed because the headphones are drawing too much power.  It has happened twice in my car, when I have the zune turned up to 20 and it is playing through my cassete adapter, which draws a LOT of power.  No chance of hitting any buttons or getting any static because it was sitting completely alone on my passenger seat.  This has also happened to me while listening to a podcast with my quite large noise canceling "can" headphones.  Again, I'm sure these 'phones draw tons of power.  Therefore, I feel that its a power issue.  When your headphones draw a lot of power, and the song is extra long (like a podcast) it can't handle it and reboots.
Zoony

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2007, 02:55:11 PM »

My wife got a Zune for Christmas.  She walks on a treadmill and listens to music.  She has been complaining that the Zune turns off after about 40 minutes and then turns on again a few minutes later.  I have not been able to replicate the problem, but I haven't been using it with the treadmill either.
Maybe it is static electricity theory.  What frosts me is that I have spent hours trying to track down the problem - not to mention the hours spent ripping CD's to get it set up.  Angry   
I'm beginning to hate technology.  A thoughtful Christmas gift has become a burden to me and my family!
RSX WHEEEEEEEEE
Master Chief

We makin Luv songs, from 12-3, from 4-6

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2007, 08:48:46 PM »

its happened to me a couple of times, but plugging the sync cable in (didn't even need to be in an outlet) fixed it.

It happened 2wice with Skullcandy Smokin Buds (the zune actually killed one of the buds[RIP])
It happened 1nce with stock buds
It hasn't happened yet with premium buds.

I think i remember reading somewhere that if you jerk the headphone jack around that it can cause this to happen. forgot where i read it tho.

EDIT: i got it to cut off and reset by playing basketball in 30 degree weather.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 09:07:26 PM by RSX WHEEEEEE » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: