Zune Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2014, 08:49:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't remember zune.net login  (Read 1322 times)
AlaskaHome1959

« on: February 27, 2010, 12:09:43 PM »

I have a Zune.net login. I remember my username, but don't remember my password. But I also don't remember which email address I used to register under--I thought I did but when I enter that email address Zune.net wants me to create a new username. Does anyone know who I would contact to get this reset. The 1-877 support number [1-877-GET-ZUNE (1-877-438-9863)] hasn't been of any help so far.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:26:20 PM by AlaskaHome1959 » Logged
Unicron Social
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 12:29:02 PM »

https://accountservices.passport.net/uiresetpw.srf?lc=1033&id=75046

Hate to say, support will not give out account information through email. you have to use the automated service provided.
AlaskaHome1959

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 04:31:39 PM »

https://accountservices.passport.net/uiresetpw.srf?lc=1033&id=75046

Hate to say, support will not give out account information through email. you have to use the automated service provided.
Yea, but the automated service requires logging in, which I can't do because Live Services doesn't recognize my log-in. After talking to live support, it looks like the Live/Zune system is totally fried. Apparantly it comes down like this:

1) My hotmail email address is the backup address on my account, which Zune.net refuses to recognize for log-in.

2) The email address which Zune.net has as my primary address is a Live Services email (XXX@gmail.com, registered as a Live Services log-in) may have gone inactive due to not logging in often enough. Usually the account information is retained and relogging back in restores the account to active status but apparantly in this case the account was instead completely deleted.

3) Because the primary Live Services log-in has been deleted I can not log into Zune.net.

4) The third party company (companies) providing Zune support claim they do not have sufficiant administrative access to edit my Zune.net tag to make my active Hotmail address (currently the secondary email on my Zune.net account) the primary address.

5) Microsoft's MSN/Live Services support--who may have the ability to edit my Zune.net tag--won't talk to me because I haven't given them money.

6) Recreating the Live Services log-in (XXX@gmail.com, registered as a Live Services log-in) does not get recognized by Zune.net even though the email/log-in address is the same as the Zune.net tag is looking for, which suggests that there is some other data or token being used as the basis for the log-in and the email/log-in address is not really being used at all.

7) Apparantly Microsoft has created a situation where, if you somehow loose the Live Services log-in that is associated with your Zune.net tag, you are SOL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: